Deployment Director (Jakarta)
Lead and manage a team of Project Managers. Responsibilities cover full scope of project deployment.
- Undertake feasibility study to ensure all options are achievable.
- Create terms of reference or project charter which specifies the project objectives and scope.
- Articulate and negotiate the final vision of the project goals after scoping the requirements from all stakeholders, including the project owner.
- Determine ROM (rough order of magnitude) budget requirements. Source suitably skilled and qualified project team members.
- Create a project plan, outlining the sequence of all activities and tasks in order to accomplish goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Define all guidelines, quality targets, standards, assurance and control procedures – gather project owner inputs regarding quality targets and content guidelines.
- Identify resources needed and schedule people, equipment and material resources within the project.
- Liaise with procurement to ensure proper provision of goods and services required.
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with the Project Management Methodology, project standards and in accordance to the business requirements and in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project process and scope.
- Ensure efficiency and flexibility in the management of resources (people, finances).
- Gain acceptance from project output owners for each deliverable produced.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level.
- Provide input into the project appraisal process, capturing and using relevant lessons learned.
Management & Reporting
- Collate and provide all relevant project documentation to the Program Management Office.
- Document a project closure report.
- Assume ownership of and maintain the project budget. Optimize the budget to ensure delivery of the project remains within the defined budget.
- Monitor project costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources. Ensure cost effectiveness by maximizing cost/benefit ratios.
- Identify project dependencies and manage the impact of project change control, issues and risks.
Leadership & Managerial
- Influence and motivate resources on the projects as well as business stakeholders.
- Coach and guide team.
- Communicate actively and effectively resolving any potential conflicts that may arise.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in managing large-scale projects in matrixed environment (preferably from MNCs).
- Project Management training certified (Six Sigma, TQM, ISO, PMP or other).
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region.
- Ability to communicate in Bahasa Indonesia will be advantageous.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.